Sometimes it’s obvious when your hot water tank needs a repair: there’s no hot water! But not all water heater malfunctions are so easy to spot. Small problems could be reducing your hot water supply slowly, which will eventually become a bigger issue.
The following signs mean it’s time to call a professional:
- Your hot water tank is making strange or loud noises.
- Leaks or moisture are coming from your tank-style water heater.
- Your water heater pilot light constantly goes off.
- Your hot water temperature is inconsistent.
- Your hot water supply is discolored.