Getting to the bottom of an AC issue usually requires the help of a professional HVAC technician. Our experts run full diagnostics on your cooling system to determine the best way to get it working right.
But there are some things you can look for yourself to keep the cool air flowing freely. Check for the following while you’re waiting for one of our service techs:
- Make sure your thermostat is at the right temperature and set to COOL mode.
- Take a look at your AC filter. If it’s clogged or blocked, this can affect cooling.
- When condenser coils are frozen, it can prevent them from properly cooling. If this is the case, turn off your air conditioner so the coils can thaw.
- The register takes air back into your AC system. If this area is blocked or covered, it can affect air temperature
Sometimes, it might make more sense to replace your air conditioning system instead of paying for another repair. If you find your AC breaking down often, it might be time to consider a new AC installation. Consider the following when deciding to replace your air conditioner:
- Is your air conditioner over 10 years old?
- Does your unit require frequent repairs?
- Are your energy bills climbing?
- Is it difficult to cool your entire home with your current AC?
At Cencal Mechanical, our pricing is ALWAYS upfront. Our AC technicians assess your broken air conditioner and help you decide on the best steps for keeping your home comfortable all summer.
While some cooling repairs can’t be avoided, annual care and maintenance can reduce the risk of unforeseen problems. Annual Air Conditioner Tune-Ups give our professionals a chance to assess your home’s cooling system and recommend the best steps for comprehensive care.
Tune-ups not only prevent major AC repairs from occurring but also help increase the efficiency of your air conditioning system.
The most obvious clue that your air conditioner is broken is…no cool air! But more subtle signs can also tell you something is wrong with your AC. These include:
- Reduced airflow when your AC is turned on
- Strange smells or odors (musty) when your AC is operating
- Unusual or loud noises coming from your air conditioner
- Higher energy bills than you’re used to
- Difficulty maintaining a constant temperature in your home
If you notice any of these changes, it’s time to call Cencal Mechanical for an AC fix!